
Speaking of Christmas Morning, Our new tradition is to have Aebleskivers for breakfast. Or Pancake puffs for those of you that have seen the info-mercial on them. My dad gave us kids a cast iron pan and stove last christmas, since i am like 75% danish, it's all about our heritage. You don't have to do just pancakes you can also make muffins and omlets in them. The Pancakes are so good, once they're cooked you roll them in butter and them powdered sugar, and can put jam or syrup on them. I grew up making homemade maple syrup all the time with mapeline. And then I married Dan and he always buys the store bought kind, and I don't love store bought kind and he doesn't really like the homeade kind. So I found this new recipe for Buttermilk Syrup and it is so good! All you need is...
3/4 Cup of Buttermilk
1 1/2 Cup of Sugar
1 Stick of Butter
2 Tbsp Corn Syrup
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
Then you bring to a boil, and you'll need a large pan because it gets all foamy and could boil over and it's not very fun to clean up. Then you just let it simmer for a few minutes and then take off heat and add vanilla, then just eat it by the spoonful. you could even double the recipe and save it in the fridge. I wonder if it would taste even more carmely with brown sugar, I might have to try that.
MMmmmm.




No comments:
Post a Comment